1 careful and diligent in the use of resources [ant: wasteful]
2 mindful of the future in spending money; "careful with money" [syn: careful] [also: thriftiest, thriftier]
- Given to, or evincing, thrift; characterized by economy and good management of property; sparing; frugal.
- Thriving by industry and frugality; prosperous in the acquisition of worldly goods; increasing in wealth; as, a thrifty farmer or mechanic.
- Growing rapidly or vigorously; thriving; as, a thrifty plant or colt.
- Secured by thrift; well husbanded.
- Well appearing; looking or being in good condition; becoming.
Thrifty is the name of several companies
Scotch, blooming, booming, burgeoning, canny, careful, chary, cheap, cheeseparing, conserving, economic, economical, economizing, forehanded, foresighted, frugal, growing, labor-saving, miserly, money-saving, niggardly, parsimonious, penny-pinching, penny-wise, penurious, preserving, prospering, prosperous, provident, prudent, prudential, roaring, robust, saving, scrimping, skimping, spare, sparing, stingy, thriving, tight-fisted, time-saving, unwasteful